Tuesday, November 3, 2009

SEO, Google, Yahoo, and the rest...

SEO or Search Engine Optimization is the one thing that makes creating and maintaining a website a chore as well as interesting. I recently bought a book on SEO by Rebecca Lieb. This book has changed my life, no really, it has. I had just about forgotten I'd had a website. I'm being facetious but, I was tired of "chasing my tail" with every new SEO trick I'd find on the web. After talking with a new client, he enlightened me on the fact that SEO is constant and neverending work and if I truely wanted results, mainly organic results ;), I should keep at it. Now back to Rebecca's book, which is titled: The Truth About Search Engine Optimization, in a word, AWESOME! If I ever actually meet Rebecca, I'm giving her a big fat kiss. Its not a very big book but, it cuts to the chase and she tells you what needs to be done. Regardless if its Google, Yahoo, Bing, whatever, there is no magic formula, just hard work.

Cheers,

Steve

Elting Mechanical Enterprises, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment